- 15 ounces extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 bag Food Should Taste Good™ Jalapeño Tortilla Chips
- 1 1/4 cups part-skim cheddar cheese
- 1 habanero, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 can (2 ounces) mild green chiles
- 1 (14 ounce) can of diced tomatoes, drained
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wrap the tofu in paper towel and stack heavy plates on top to drain the water.
- Remove wet paper towels and repeat 2 more times.
- Once drained, slice the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss with olive oil and taco seasoning.
- Place in an even layer and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Use a spatula to break the tofu around and bake another 20 – 25 minutes, or until crispy.
- To make the nachos, reduce the heat to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange a layer of the tortilla chips along the bottom.
- Top with tofu and 1 cup of the cheeses (I mixed mine for flavor).
- Add a few pieces of jalapeños.
- Top with more chips, more tofu, diced tomatoes and another 1 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Top cheese with the rest of the jalapeños, habaneros, tofu, green chilies and rest of the cheese.
- Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with cilantro and avocado.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Claire Gallam from The Realistic Nutritionist.