- 1/2 lb ground chorizo
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup black olives, diced
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add canola oil.
- In the same pan, cook the chorizo over medium high heat for about 5-10 minutes.
- Cover chorizo and black beans with an even layer of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Then add a layer of guacamole, followed by a layer of sour cream, followed by a layer of fresh salsa.
- When done, strain the grease out, and spread the chorizo evenly over the black bean mixture.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- When finished, add a layer of chopped black olives.
- Cook for a few minutes then add the black beans (with juice), cumin and chili powder. Also add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the green onions to finish it off.
- When hot, add onions.
- Serve immediately.
- Cook together for about 10 minutes while using a fork to mash the beans.
- When done, spread bean layer on the bottom of a 9x13 baking platter.