- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 15 ounce can refried beans
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces green chiles
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- Food Should Taste Good™ Multigrain Tortilla Chips, for serving
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, half of the green onions, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, breaking up with a spoon, until well browned. Add the enchilada sauce, green chiles, and season again with salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer 4-5 minutes.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and the remaining green onions. Enjoy with Food Should Taste Good™ Multigrain Tortilla Chips.
- Spoon this mixture over the heated refried beans, and top with remaining cheese.
- Place the beans under the broiler and allow to heat for 2-3 minutes, until warmed.
- Place back under the broiler, remove once cheese has become bubbly and melted.
- Remove beef mixture from the heat and stir in half of the cheese.
- While beef mixture is simmering, spoon the refried beans into two oven-safe ramekins or mini iron skillets, or you can do this in one oven safe dish.